In your syllabus packet you will find a registration form for one of two courses. Both courses are full credit courses in the Institute's programs. One is free, the other is half-off. Choose from:
- Google for the Wise Genealogist. This course will teach you how to use Google for finding information, creating and sharing documents, photos, groups, websites and blogs as well as using Google to map your ancestors. Learn about popular Google products like Google Search, Google Maps, and Google Books as well as Google Bookmarks, Google Alerts, Google Scholar, Google Groups and Google Sites. Everyone can receive this course FREE!
- Methodology - Part 1: Getting Started. This course will teach you the basics, including information on citing your sources, and abstracting or transcribing documents you locate. You can register for this course at 50% discount ($44.50).
- Methodology courses on Getting Started
- Organizing your Research
- Researching on the Internet, Family History Centers and on FamilySearch.org.
- Place the completed form in the marked container at the Reference Desk on the 4th floor of the State Archives by 1:30p.m.
- Door prize drawing will be at 1:30p.m. near the Reference Desk
- Must be present at Family History Day to win (so we can give you the prize)
Reserve your Class Syllabus by sending an email to email@example.com. It's $5, cash only, exact change please, payment and pickup at the door.
posted by Denise H. Richmond